Feb 26th is National Pistachio Day!
My pistachio growing friends at Fiddyment Farms of Lincoln, California will be including a free cookbook with pistachio purchases on that day. The cook book is a publication was done by the California Pistachio Commission and is a cute, well done little book. Its 6×7 inches, 39 pages and has recipes ranging from salads to desserts.
When recently sending a gift to someone, I chose Fiddyment’s Garlic Onion Pistachios. Trust me…
My Top 5 Pistachio Eating Experiences
- Kofte recipe from Parties That Cook‘s recipe deck (probably similar to Jamie Oliver’s recipe)
- Pistachio macaroons (like amaretti) that were green in color, in Sicily. Chewy, pistachio goodness.
- Of course any and all baklava
- Pistachio locum from Nory Locum which you often find in middle eastern stores
- And all of Fiddyment nuts> True confessions: I almost ate a whole bag of their toffee chocolate covered pistachios while skiing.