It takes a special confluence of events for only a swear word to seem just right to get the point across. That melding of food business magic starts January 18, 2013 and continues on through the 22nd — all in San Francisco.
First, the Good Food Awards will be unveiled at the San Francisco Ferry Building the night of the 18th. I’m excited to present the Confections winners.
January 19-22 Good & Fancy Food Checklist for Entrepreneurs
- Eat at the Good Food Awards marketplace at the Ferry Building on Saturday to see the best in small batch American food craft. Carefully peruse the winners in the various categories. I’ll be writing more about these awards for which the bar is sky high in terms of the perfect blend in sourcing and deliciousness.
- Take classes at the Fancy Food Show where you can get
- Talk to strangers, especially if their companies (on their badges) look interesting. Yes, be rude and stare at their chests.
- Visit interesting new retail shops while in town for inspiration. (Chat with the folks at Buyer’s Best Friend if you come across their booth.)
- Talk to food companies, packaging suppliers, and especially the FDA if you spot them, to learn about export programs and other assistance
- Keep your eye out for the trend spotting reports, or better yet spot them yourself (and post here!)
- Plot your plan to get to San Francisco if you have not already done so
Tweet to meif you have any questions or need ideas!