A casting associate wants to hear about game-changing food inventions, culinary tools and products, and good old food products that are reality-show worthy.
The deal: Eyeworks TV, the producers behind Extreme Weight Loss on ABC and Bar Rescue on Spike is holding auditions this week (week of Sept 15, 2014) in Redondo Beach for entrepreneurs with food related inventions for a new show that is just like Shark Tank on ABC, but for food inventions.
5 food invention ideas that come to mind
- ChefJet, maker of the 3D printed candy shown here. Although 3D Systems already acquired them.
- Life Ice mini-frozen food cubes, who was at the 2014 Summer Fancy Food Show.
- Basil Tops squeezable farm-fresh pesto sauces. Not new but I love the packaging, flavors AND they are near Redondo.
- Candy buttons – literally buttons!
- Secret Squirrel coffee – because it’s in So Cal and because it’s so cool.
And My Idea
NPR recently did a story on Edible Packaging? Retailers Not Quite Ready To Ditch The Wrapper
The kind of innovation that could take this show is re-usable packaging that makes shopping in the bulk aisle easy, ala several bags with standard weights that we can wash in the dishwasher or by hand. I’m always throwing out plastic bags (after saving them with the best intention of bringing them in to reuse). But just as bulk bins should have stickers instead of wire wraps for bags, some type of no-need-to-weigh package to fill from bulk is a winner…in my book anyway!
Can’t wait to see the awesome talent represented!